Saturday 31 December 2016

Changes to concept

Recently I have had a meeting with my media tutor to discuss changes to my music video concept, as we both agreed it may be too big a concept to fund and organise as a student. Though I am disappointed that I have not been able to produce the exact ideas I have been developing this year, I am however pleased that I am now a great deal less anxious about production of my media product. 

My altered concept is more of a condensed version of my original idea, with the same underlying message about media stigmatisation and self-fulfilling prophecy, but rather than having an organised outdoor concert (unfeasible due to unpredictable winter weather; organising a mass of actors, and filming in one day) the vampire in my music video will do a cross narrative and performance.

 Also, rather than having a gang of vampires running around a quiet neighborhood at night, the vampire in the video will be a loner, which will, in fact, reinforce the idea that the public does not like them. 

My music video will still maintain its indie/alternative conventions (in terms of challenging and conforming) and still has the infrastructure of my desired concept, just with a production that I can better work with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment