Tuesday 8 November 2016

Branching out

This week I have spent a large portion of my free time exploring the depths of music video genre. I started of with critically acclaimed music videos, which I found via NME's  '100 Greatest Music Videos'. From the list I became a bit biased and picked the music videos that I knew of already and enjoyed, or were songs or artists that I enjoyed (but I'll need to be engaged by my influences to want to be influenced by them!) it in



Backwards

I like the idea of doing a music video that shows a sequence of events happening backwards, as it contradicts the conventions of storytelling in that there is a start, a climax and a conclusion: by starting at the end, the conclusion ends up being the audience's interest in what started the sequence of events, the ending of which they're already aware of. In its simpler use, such as the use of it in filming for the Pharcyde's Drop, the backwards technique is visually interesting and can keep a person engaged for quite some time without the plot being very complex or engaging itself.

The pharcyde- drop 



Yeah yeah yeahs- sacrilege 


Alt-J- Breezeblocks




No comments:

Post a Comment