Thursday 17 November 2016

Music video influences

Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Heads Will Roll



In coming up with ideas for my own music video, I became heavily influenced by comedy-horror style music videos of the alternative/indie genre. In particular, I found this music video to be captivating, because of the elaborate way in which the events within the music video occur. 


Wolf Alice- You're a germ

Wolf Alice's 'You're a germ' has been an influence on my ideas for my music video, as I like the references to old horror movies such as Night of the living dead, Evil Dead and Texas Chainsaw Massacre I also liked the idea of having a gory concept in a music video that still managed to be funny or somewhat light-hearted. The inclusion of the band as the main characters in the music video adds satire to the concept.


Kasabian- Vlad the Impaler


No comments:

Post a Comment