Thursday 23 February 2017

Filming- 23/02/17

Thursday 23rd February- Filming 

Today I filmed the final scenes of my music video which included the party scenes, the lip-synching scenes and ultimately, the killing scenes. I had a little under 5 hours to prepare and film the rest of my video without mistakes that had to be refilled, as getting both my actors together on one day that was convenient for everybody would be a challenge to arrange again. I went to my local supermarket and bought typical party food such as pretzels and fairy cakes before venturing back to the rendezvous/filming location/where I live to meet with the actors and get make-up and costume sorted. 

After some practice with the vampire make-up, my protagonist was still unable to look in any way scary or resembling, and so it took only 10 minutes to complete the look of Mona the vampire (no relation).

Filming in storm Doris proved to have its difficulties: though there weren't many scenes I would have to film outside, I still had to be wary of the fact that if I had any kind of formal contract with these actors, surely making them stand out for an hour in the cold and rain would be a breach. 

Another challenge of filming in the late afternoon was the setting sun. I organised the filming to be shot in chronological order so that the last shots featured in the music video would have the darkest atmosphere (in natural lighting and in tone). The location in which I filmed has along window-wall, making it apparent when the outdoors are dark or light. This was the precise room where the 'party' scene was filmed, and so we adjusted the filming schedule to the ephemerality of the day time, a struggle comparable to almost all jobs and interactions and activities there are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment